Friday, February 20, 2009

this week.

Well another week has gone by, and I have posted nothing again. It was a very quiet week.

I'm starting to get very nervous about uni, starting all over again (...again), and I have a feeling this new course is going to be a lot harder than the one I did last year. I'm going to have to put in a lot of work. I'm willing to do it though, it's not like I really have a social life to sacrifice anyway. 

I've had a good time with the boy this week. We went into the city together on Tuesday (I hardly ever go into the city, it's far away and I'm very lazy) to go shopping and have a nice lunch, then when we got home we went for a walk because the weather was so great. Then on Thursday after dinner I went to his house for a sleep over and we ended up taking his cousin from Tasmania out for a cocktail (passionfruit vodka martinis, my favourite) at Cookie. It was nice to lie in bed together with nothing to do this morning, before I had to make a mad dash to my orthodontist because the wire behind my teeth broke last night while I was eating a taco.

Been working a bit more this week, I've never been so grateful to work at Coles after last week. On Sunday I worked at the Good Vibrations festival at the bar, and it was one of the worst days of my entire life. I accepted the shift thinking it might be fun, the atmosphere would be good and I might get to see Fatboy Slim, right? WRONG. It was AWFUL! I didn't get to see any of the artists I wanted to see, my bar was situated next to some stage that had just clubbing-type music, and the thud of the repetitive base line all day really caused significant headaches all around. In the 10 hours that the festival went for, there were probably 8-10 DJ sets there and they all pretty much mixed exactly the same songs. Boring. Also I did an 11 hour shift and I was only given one half hour break! They are SLAVE DRIVERS, I tell you. The senior staff there are also quite racist, I might add, I really felt like I was treated a lot better than the rest of the staff by them, and I'm fairly sure it's because I was the only white person working at the bar. Most people that work for the company in question are international students from India and that general area. Anyway the way the supervisors treated everyone made me very uncomfortable and I will not be working there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment