Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday, the hottest day in Melbourne's history.

It was the hottest day ever recorded in Melbourne today, it got to above 46 degrees Celsius at one point (that's 114 degrees Fahrenheit in case you'd like to know), but I was inside at work the whole time. It was insanely busy in the morning as to be expected, from 8:30 it was pretty flat out. I did expect it to thin out in the afternoon though and it did, although not significantly. It was still really hot inside the store, especially out the back because we kept having to open the big roller doors to take loads. It was also about 28 degrees in the service area, hotter on the registers behind those fridges. So everyone was pretty cranky and not in the mood for the insane amounts of customers that we weren't really prepared for. I know they're only trying to make conversation and be nice, but it gets old pretty quickly when every single customer tells you that you're better off at work in the 'cool'. I know it was cooler than it was outside, but they don't realise how hot it is as we were all working pretty hard, it does tire you out and the heat was making it worse. Anyway the shit really hit the fan at around 3pm, when every single fridge in the store (except for the ones in front of the registers, go figure) stopped working. So I had to help get all of the cheese and yoghurt out of the fridges and into tubs to be taken to the other Coles that had functioning fridges. It was pretty hilarious actually, everyone was soo fed up that it was a bit of a joke.

I was planning on going out tonight but I'm tired and hot. I watched some episodes of season 3 of Entourage, ate some of my favourite biscuits that I had to go all the way to Safeway for (don't sell them at Coles), drank a big bottle of San Pellegrino and that is pretty much it. 

Oh and we have booked our flights and accommodation for Hong Kong! We leave late on Wednesday the 23rd of September, I am so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment