Monday, February 2, 2009



Lately I have just been working a lot, I haven't really minded it all holidays, but I'm getting really sick of it now. Only four or so weeks until uni goes back, I start my new course and can stop working so much. Also, I will be getting youth allowance so I will have to work even less! Finally! It was insanely hot last week, around 42-44 degrees every day for three or four days in a row. We were all a bit paranoid that the power failures were going to affect us but thank goodness they didn't, and we had air conditioning the whole time. The pool also got a decent work-out, but in the process I have discovered that I may be allergic to chlorine. Nothing much happening this week, just the usual. 

Today, though, I spent the day at Casey's house. We spent most of the morning trying to decide what to do (made more difficult by the fact that both of us are broke), and in the afternoon we made ourselves Chili Con Carne (cooking was what we decided to do). First of all, let me just say that Ivanhoe Coles is the best supermaket ever. Way way better than my own Coles were I slave away most days. Anyway the chili was amazing! We will definitely be making it again soon.  Coincidentally, while we were eating it we found an article about chili in todays Age (Epicure), and I never knew that they were so interesting! It was full of stories about people that eat so much chili that they temporarily loose their hearing/go into a trance etc. Crazy! I was going to stay at Casey's house but I came home, and now I can't remember why. 

Oh and another thing that happened today, my Marc by Marc Jacobs flats that I ordered from net-a-porter last week finally arrived! I was so excited! I opened them up and saw that they are indeed just as pretty in real life as they were online, but when I tried them on, oh no! They're too small. Which is so so so disappointing! Really, I am shattered. Also confused, because my other M by MJ flats are only half a size bigger and they are slightly too big for me. These babies are a 37.5 and they are even too small for my mum, who is a 37 usually. What's going on Mr Jacobs? That is a picture of them above (I can't figure out how to move the picture down here? oh well), but this makes them look more orange-red, when in real life they are bright fire-engine style red. Damn damn damn. I really like these shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment