Monday, March 23, 2009

Today I woke up feeling totally gross, which was a shame considering I was feeling so good when I went to sleep yesterday. So I didn't go to uni, instead I planned a solid day of study and finishing assignments, because this week is going to be a busy one. Of course very little work actually got done, because as I mentioned earlier, my sister dislocated her arm or something on the weekend. So she was at home all day too, distracting me with music videos etc. I did make a substantial dent into the assignment that I thought was due on Wednesday, then I discovered that it is in fact not due until Friday! Horray! So now instead of finishing it while I'm on a roll, I will probably wait until late Thursday night to do it just because I do that kind of thing.

I also broke my spending ban today, but I do believe that the purchase was an investment. I just bought a pair of bright pink patent Doc Martens, which I have wanted for soo long! I'm so excited to get them, I will be wearing them all winter long. Casey won't be happy though, he's a bit anti-me-getting-doc-martens but he will survive. He wears boat shoes (which I was against) so now we will be even.

Another thing that happened today was I made dinner for my family, which seems to be a reoccurring Monday night event. Today I made meat balls with a tomato sauce and pasta. It looked totally gross and I was a bit nervous about eating it but it was actually really good, I am quite pleased with myself. The best thing about me cooking dinner though is that I also get to pick the desert (we hardly ever have desert at my house) so I always get custart tart, because I LOVE IT.

Tomorrow I am going to a forum about physical activity in the workplace, as I have landed myself a volunteer job with Moreland Community Health Service, working on a project that is based on, yes, physical activity in the workplace. I'm a bit nervous because everyone else there will probably be professional health...people, and I am a mere student, but I think it will be good. Assuming I understand what they talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment